Out-of-state, also known as “foreign,” subpoenas are often subject to a range of procedures and documents that can present challenges. Requirements can vary by state with potential unique complexities, particularly in large, multi-state legal cases. At The Process Server, we uniquely specialize in foreign subpoenas for states that use Uniform Interstate Depositions and Discovery Act (UIDDA) subpoenas, and those that do NOT. It includes both in-bound and out-bound subpoenas, for cases of all types and sizes.
Our team has decades of experience and skill in quickly and effectively serving subpoenas throughout all counties in all 50 states, and U.S. territories. We’ve played a key role in thousands of foreign subpoenas for court cases spanning more than three decades. If your legal case involves people or parties that are located out of state from where your case is being heard, we can help.
Understanding Domestication of Foreign Subpoenas
Usually, foreign subpoenas are duces tecum, or seeking documents from a record holder out of state. However, many are ad testificandum, which requires person to testify either in court or by other testimony. In either instance, failure to comply will result in legal punishment for the recipient of the subpoena. Whether a subpoena must be issued in another state, processed from another state or another federal district court, or located in-state, our fast and accurate service is provided by experienced process servers familiar with local, state, and national laws.
A few reasons why attorneys, legal firms, individuals, government agencies and businesses seek The Process Server for help with domestication and procedure of foreign subpoenas:
- We have over 30 years of experience in preparing and serving subpoenas in all 50 states and U.S. territories
- We have in-depth expertise in foreign subpoenas for states that use UIDDA AND those that do NOT.
- We’ve served thousands of foreign subpoenas for court cases of all sizes and types. No case is too large, small or complex for us
- We have the ability to prepare and serve foreign subpoenas for any legal case, including with short notice
Who We Are
Our staff is comprised of highly savvy experts with more than three decades of work in the trenches. We very quickly, efficiently and effectively work to prepare and serve subpoenas to businesses and individuals on behalf of our clients. Additional benefits of working with The Global Process Server for your foreign subpoena:
- Our team has expertise and knowledge of every state’s requirement for foreign subpoenas
- We have prepared and filed request to have duces tecum and ad testificandum subpoenas across all 50 states and U.S. territories
- We know all of the state and territory requirements, including UIDDA, pre-UIDDA and states that have their own specific procedures
- Our working relationships and network are extensive throughout America. These connections and our unique expertise is highly beneficial to our clients
How We Can Serve You
We strive to make preparing and serving subpoenas as easy, cost efficient and effective as possible for our clients. To get started with The Global Process Server for your foreign subpoena, just supply us with details about your case and needs. We instantly and easily assist with legal cases of all types and sizes. Our experts can prepare your documents properly for service in any other state or U.S. territory. We’ll meet any requirements or procedures, and file any documents you need on your behalf.
Frequently asked questions about our domestication of foreign subpoenas:
- Can you help with subpoenas in multiple states for a court case?
- What timing or timeline should I adhere to so I can assure I’m in compliance with the court and doing what is most effective?
- How long does the process take to prepare and domesticate a foreign subpoena?
- What if any other requirements do I need to meet? What can I do to further help ensure a successful process?
We also prepare and serve in-state subpoenas for our clients. We can work within tight deadlines or on short notice. As with all of our services, we provide transparent, affordable pricing for our clients with excellent communication and care. Find out today how The Global Process Server can take the burden and complexity off of your domestication of foreign subpoenas, and more.